Why Practice Groups?
Although the basic concepts of Nonviolent Communication (NVC) or Conscious, Compassionate Communication can be simple to learn, they can be challenging to use on a daily basis. Practice is the key! To help you integrate NVC into your daily life, we are offering a Practice Group program that we have developed, based on the work of Marshall Rosenberg.
- Increase our awareness of our feelings and needs which leads to a more compassionate connection with ourselves and others.
- Notice our judgmental thoughts and translate them into underlying feelings and needs
- Distinguish what we actually observe from our story about what happened.
- Embody and deepen our empathic presence
- Receive “hard to hear” statements without taking it personally
- Make requests not demands
- Connect to what we truly value while equally honouring the needs of others.
- Embrace life with a sense of aliveness and appreciation
What will we do?
We’ll do practice exercises, role-plays, and have opportunities to share our challenges and successes integrating NVC. We usually laugh a lot, too!
We'll have grace when we stumble, remembering we're all baby giraffes learning to connect open-heartedly with each other! Let's support and encourage each other!
Who is this group for?
We welcome anyone who has some understanding of Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication gained from any of the following:
- Attending a workshop or course
- Reading the book Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life
- Listening to videos of Marshall Rosenberg on Youtube
- Listening to The Nonviolent Communication Training Course by M. Rosenberg
Get in touch for our current practice group offerings.